Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Hollywood Studios)

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is probably the ride that I've been on the most, despite it being relatively new. At least in Disneyland. One year, on Christmas Eve, my BBF and I rode it like 30 times back to back until we had to meet her parents for dinner. It's also the only ride I'll wait in line for 2+ hours. To say I was upset when they changed it to Guardian's of the Galaxy would be an understatement. Although, I have to admit the change was a fun one. But my beloved ride is still Twilight Zone themed in Florida! I just hope that lasts...

I am not a fan of elevators. I avoid taking them whenever possible. Which probably makes it weird that I absolutely love this possessed elevator that shoots up and down making riders squeal in fear and delight. I'm of the latter group, and usually giggle like a maniac as the elevator slows to a stop. I seriously cannot get enough of this ride! I rode it a few times during my recent trip to Disney World, and was lucky enough to be able to walk on a couple of times due to people fleeing the park to escape the rain.

The only difference between the Anaheim and Orlando versions (pre-Guardians) is that in Orlando the elevator comes out of the shaft to move forward into another room. I was not expecting that, but it as a fun little detour even if it didn't really add anything significant to the actual thrills and chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment