Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Be Our Guest Restaurant (Magic Kingdom)


The Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom is, of course, a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant. It's inside a castle, across a drawbridge, in the far corner of Fantasyland. I actually had a hard time finding it, but it was my first visit to the park and it was dark. But once there, I had an amazing time.

Simple, yet gorgeous, menu.

I was seated in the main dining area which was modeled after the ballroom from the infamous dance scene. It was gorgeous! It was hard to take pictures though because of the dim lighting. From my seat, I could see into the other dining room which was designed to look like the west wing, complete with an enchanted rose and simulated lightning! After eating, diners are directed to the Master's study for a meet and greet with the Beast himself!

The Beast looking so dapper!

I went for dinner which has a prix fixe menu. Meaning, it's one price no matter what you order. You can choose one appetizer, one entree, and there's a dessert trio. The choices appeared to be traditional French cuisine, given the movie's setting. I ordered escargot, seafood bouillabaisse, and of course, the dessert trio. It was also accompanied by fresh french rolls and butter.

Mini dessert trio!

The escargot was delicious if a little salty, but the bread helped. The bouillabaisse was also delicious. One of my three mussels was empty(!!!), but they were very gracious about it and actually brought me another small bowl with mussels and a jumbo prawn! As for the dessert...you guessed it, delicious! There was a lemon-raspberry macaron, which was my first one ever. The dark chocolate truffle was to die for. Finally, there was a white chocolate "chip" cup filled with a grey mousse. Try the grey stuff, it's delicious!

4 comments:

  1. the restaurant was opened after i did my wdw college program and i haven't yet been back to see it but it sure sounds fun. your beast photo is one of the best i've seen -- most are quite dark.

    Joy at The Joyous Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole restaurant is pretty dim, so some of my pictures with Beast didn't come out. The ones without flash on my phone were terrible! I'm glad that I had the photo package!

      Delete
  2. I would love to do this. My husband's favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast, and I think he would really get into a fancy dinner at the Be Our Guest restaurant!! The lemon raspberry macaron sounds delicious! I just tried macarons in February and I really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite Disney Princess movie, so I highly recommend it! The atmosphere is amazing and the food is delicious!

      Delete