Monday, August 3, 2020

I want to visit all the USA Amusement parks by road trip!

Photo by Christina Boemio on Unsplash

I love amusement parks. I love rides. I especially love rollercoasters. I also love meeting characters, watching shows, and eating special food. Oddly, I've only ever been to 11 amusement parks, and only 8 of them within the last 5 years.

This trip was inspired by Trip of a Lifestyle's cross-country roadtrip to visit all of the US National Parks. I was listening to their episode of ChooseFI and immediately got excited. I'm not big on nature, but I am big on rollercoasters! Why not do a similar trip that follows my own interests? My first task was to find out exactly how many parks there are with in the US and where they are. This was easy, since a website exists for that!

Now for problems that I need solutions for.
  1. I don't know how to drive. I had driving lessons when I was 16, and then a friend tried to teach me last year at 30, but I never went further than that. My first step is going to have to be learn how to drive and get my driver's license, or else, how the heck am I suppose to have a roadtrip?!
  2. I'll need a van. What kind would be best? What's available in my area? How much will it cost? What work will it need to make it roadtrip ready?
  3. My mom is going to think I'm insane. She was uncomfortable enough when I went to Disneyland by myself for the first time. She was okay when I went to Disney World alone. She was nervous to let me go to Japan solo, but thanks to COVID-19, that was cancelled. How is she going to react to me driving back and forth across the country, sleeping in a van?
  4. Making money while on the road. This one, I did have an immediate idea for. It was just a matter of actually getting the work.
Once I can get through these barriers, this trip is totally possible. When will it happen? I have no idea. Most of the parks are currently closed due to the pandemic, so it's anyone's guess as to when everything will be open and fully operational.

No comments:

Post a Comment