Friday, April 5, 2019

Epcot

The entrance to Mission: SPACE.
Epcot is definitely an interesting park and the one I was most excited to visit on my first trip to Disney World. Even though I'm a rides and character person, I am also very much a food person! And if there's any reason to visit Epcot, it's the food! And I'm not even talking about the Food and Wine Festival. Just their normal, everyday food.

Twinning with Minnie Mouse! (2018)
During my trip, I park hopped to Epcot nearly every day to eat. Since I went at Christmas time, they had little specialty booths throughout serving sample portions of holiday treats! Of course, I didn't get to taste everything, but what I did get was all amazing!

United Kingdom holiday decorations!

Favorite Attraction(s): Pixar Short Film Festival, Sea Base
Favorite Restaurant(s): Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Tangierine Cafe, Nine Dragons Restaurant
Favorite Entertainment(s): Meet Baymax, Meet Belle

Meet Baymax at Hiro's Workshop!
I seriously loved Epcot, but I do have to say that it includes the only ride (so far) that I will never ever EVER get on again: Mission SPACE. That ride deserves its own post, but let's just say that the complimentary barf bags at every seat are not for show. I have never gotten sick on a ride, but I was getting close. Never again.

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (full sized) dessert trio!
On a more positive note, I managed to get into Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for lunch without a reservation! I camped out about half an hour before they opened, and got in! The main draw for most people is going to be the Princesses, but they were just a bonus for me. I desperately wanted to try Norwegian food, and I was not disappointed! I did have an allergic reaction, but that was my own fault. Was it worth it? Mostly yes.

1 comment: