Monday, August 17, 2020

The 2020 Vacations That Never Were...

I'm sure we've all had disappointments in 2020 thus far. For me, it was my vacations that I had to cancel. I was suppose to leave the country for the very first time in my life! Then I was suppose to have an epic birthday voyage! Neither of which, nor my replacement vacation, happened.

Photo by Roméo A. on Unsplash

Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea

In May, I was finally going to an international Disney park! I chose Eastertime at the Tokyo Disney Resort, because it looked so cute and unique! I was even trying to learn some basic Japanese over the last year to prepare for my trip. Everyone was telling me to cancel once the corona virus hit the news, but I didn't. Then Tokyo Disney closed and I had no choice. I was still holding on to hope that it would reopen before my trip, but that was all in vain.

Disney World

My mom suggested that we go to Disney World the week I was suppose to be in Tokyo. I was hesitant at first, but I did want to attend the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, so we booked it. My excitement was once again building up, only to come crashing down when Disneyland and Disney World closed. Again, I naively held onto hope that the parks would reopen. Of course, they didn't. Disney World is open now, and the festival is still kind of happening, but I don't think it's worth going with all of the changes.

Tokyo Disney AGAIN + More

I was also in the planning stages of an epic six week vacation to Japan. I was going to start in Osaka for three weeks and go to Universal Studios and many other places. Then I was going to spend the next three weeks in Tokyo to visit Disneyland during Halloween and Christmas. There was also going to a pit stop at Sanrio Puroland! In fact, my list of places to see just kept growing and growing. With all of the travel restrictions, I know this is not on the schedule for this year either.

Will all of these trips happen? Absolutely! I just have no idea when. They're staying on my itinerary for now, along with a trip to Hawaii and my amusement park road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment